Monday, December 8, 2008

A Sunday Walk With the Big Guy

This past Sunday, while Jessica was being lazy and hungover-y, she suggested that the Big Guy take me for a walk!  Needless to say, being the relentlessly awesome Big Guy that he is, he immediately obliged!  He hooked the Pants up into my sweet new Flexi 1 Classic leash and we headed off. We took a left on Goodnight and headed towards the Brentwood Park!!  It is the park a few blocks from our house that is right next to Brentwood Elementary.
Brentwood Elementary: Where the Pants Goes to Party


The Pants-Eye View of the World.  Note all the amazing places to pee on!

Off we went, I stopped and peed a little bit every few feet to let my dog buddies know the Pants has been stomping around the hood!
Big Guy! Give a girl some privacy! You are NOT staying classy!

We got to the edge of the park, and once again the Big Guy made me read the rules and give up the weapons I was packing.
Fine Big Guy, here are my chinese stars.

I paused soon thereafter to look for "Deaf Peds."  Though I've been to the park tons of times, I've never seen one of these!! I've seen plenty of "Normal Peds", but never a deaf one.
Stop yelling Big Guy! They're deaf!

After another failed attempt to see the legendary "Deaf Peds", I started to sprint to the park, but the Big Guy couldn't keep up.
Big Guy! I have some rolling in the grass to do. LFG!

Then we arrived at the park! The Big Guy let me off my leash (even though he's not supposed to - way to live on the edge Big Guy!) and I began to explore.

Scoop it up Bitch!

This is the seat where I watch all my local ballgames from:
Two hot dogs right here!

I wandered down my most favorite path ever!
This is a pretty artsy pic Big Guy! Nice!

I stalked a squirrel, and tried to hide behind the bush - but it saw me.  Squirrels, though evil and heathen, are quite intelligent and stealthy.

No Mr. Squirrel, nothing here but this bush!

After my failed squirrel hunt, the Big Guy tried to get me back on the slide of death. I was too smart for that though, no way!
The Horrifying Slide of Death! Note its terrifying curvy nature!

After narrowly escaping the slide, I checked out the rest of the park. What a glorious day it was in Austin!
Big Guy, stop taking pictures and frolic with me!

We made our way home where I ran right up to the front door of the House of Payne!

Let's go Big Guy! I need a nap pronto!


I can't wait for our next walk!

No comments: