Saturday, January 3, 2009

Movie Review: Man on Wire

After reading that my main man Roger Ebert (or "Roger the Dodger" as I call him. LYLAS Rog!) referred to this documentary as a "First Rate Thriller" the Pants was totally excited to see it!!  So the Big Guy and Jessica snuggled up with me on the couch and we hit play on the DVD player (Well, technically the Big Guy did.  Jessica has no idea how to work it because she's so stupid! LOL!).  So apparently in 1974 this loony french guy the documentary is based on walked across a highwire strung between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 8 times!! What makes someone do this? The intrigue! The craziness! The courage!!  So I did what any Pants would do, I did a running diary:

0:01 - Some french guy is talking. He is really weird.  I'm kind of sleepy.

0:02 - Hard to keep eyes open....these people are dumb!  Man, I am sooooooo sleepy.

0:03 - 1:45 - zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, so I kinda slept through the movie and so did Jessica and the Big Guy!  Move over Nyquil, here comes "Man on Wire!"  It may not work as a drama, but as a sleep aid this film is top notch!!

As a movie, I give Man on Wire no paws, though I totally give the nap I took 4 paws!! It was a seriously good one!!!  

1 comment:

Aunt A said...

Pants--

I have a question for you. Cafferty and I spent New Years Eve together in NOLA (and whew...we survived), but we went to a restaurant that served flirtinis. We both commented on how this was your favorite drink, but didn't know why. Where did your flirtini addiction come from? And can you give us the recipe for The Pants' Flirtini???

Have a great 2009 Pants!!!

Angie