Saturday, January 3, 2009

To All the Peeps I've Loved Before

Hey Readers!  Happy 2009!  Man, 2008 was a BIG year for the Pants!  Thankfully, unlike Jessica and the Big Guy, I still have a job (my Waffle House (pronounced "Wafflee Hoose") franchises are doing better than ever - in case you didn't know, I own a string of Waffle Houses throughout Texas, I keep my cash in the backyard so that Jessica cannot get at it and buy things), and, unlike them, I'm a little sad to say good bye to 2008.  So, as a tribute to the late, great 2008, here is a little recap of my 2008 adventures, with a special tribute to all the peeps who the Pants visited and who visited the Pants this past year!!!  

2008 started out with a BANG at an awesome party at Frito Guy's house!!
Still HILARIOUS!

Then Jessica and the Big Guy took a trip to L.A. and saw Uncle Brian and Cousin Moe. I did not get to go with them. I stayed at home and watched out for the 'hood.
Thanks for the trip to L.A. bitches!

I did get to hone my babysitting skills hanging with my super cool peep LUKE FORD!! He rocks!
Um, Big Guy, can you get my toy back from him please?

Then, I got to go the Skaggs house and hang with my main man Sam and meet his little sister Jane Ann!! She is too cute!!
But her head smells weird!

Then, it was the MIGHTY TEXAS DOG WALK!! I got a little tired on the walk itself, but it was awesome to hang with MM and Sugar!!
Ignore the woman in the ND hat and the picture is much much cuter!

Because Jessica and The Big Guy got married in 2008, the Pants had a lot of visitors, both old and new!! Grandma Linda and Grandpa Jim came in for their stock the bar party and the shower thrown by the Cafferty.
STOCK THAT BAR!

I also made some new friends the weekend of the Cafferty shower, namely, the Nuge, his wife Rachel, and their little peep Jacqueline. Jacqueline is the littlest peep I've ever hung out with, and even though she seemed to think it was acceptable to pull herself up by grabbing my whiskers and received a lot more attention than the Pants would have liked, she was ok! But, she was not as awesome or fun as the NUGE!! Look at him and the Big Guy!! Hijinks!
LOL NUGE!

Grandpa John, Grandma Marilyn and Bro Person came down to check out the wedding venues!
Ok Grandpa, less reading, more petting.

Then came the greatest day ever!!!!  Boating!
Oh Buoy!

Seriously readers. Get a boat!! I cannot recommend it enough! Thanks again Sunny peep!!!
We are soooo good looking!

All in all, it was a great summer!!
Cheers to you too Grandpa!!!

Then came the wedding!! Although I wasn't invited (I'm still bitter), I did get to hang with some cool peeps that weekend anyway!! The NUGE was back. And Uncle Brian and his girlfriend Sara!
Get a room you two!

And my cool Florida family, Uncle Dick, Aunt Evelyn, Cousin Kerry, Cousin Kevin, Cousin Pat, and Cousin Joan!! It was a great day!!
Hmm, where am I? I wonder??

Then, when the Big Guy and Jessica got back from their honeymoon, it was time for a kick ass fall!!!
The Irish football season not included!

My other favorite Jen, Jen Porst, came to visit and we had an awesome time!! She made a great dinner in that room Jessica is afraid of, and she brought me cookies!!
I love you!

And she taught me how to play the Wii!!
Seriously, I love you!

Election night we had a kick ass party!! Rob and I bonded!
Easy buddy, your wife is RIGHT THERE! 

I also got to go to my first bar and had a heated political discussion with Troy. And Jessica got pooped on by several birds!! Bars are awesome!
I know!! Jessica got pooped on!! You were smart to wear a visor Troy!

Then, we had a visit from Jessica's friend Katie! Katie rocks and is the mom of Leo, the awesome Chicago dog who first told me about snow. Katie is so great, she could drink a beer, talk on the phone, and still pet the Pants at the same time!
It's called multi-tasking Jessica, look it up, I'm pretty sure it's a skill you listed on your resume!

Then, it was Thanksgiving time in Plano with Grandpa Jim, Grandma Linda, and Uncle Brian. Thanksgiving is a great holiday for humans as they eat and drink and eat and drink. I got to lay on the couch. Not as fun, but Uncle Brian totally entertained the Pants with his impression of Grandma!
LOL!

Next, blogger extraordinaire, and Pants lover Stara came to town for a visit! She totally loved on me and ignored Jessica!
I know, she NEVER stops talking! I feel your pain Stara!

Soon, it was almost Christmas, and the Pants began the seasonal festivities by partying at MM's house!!
Merry Christmas!

Along the way, there were many trips to the dog park, much cuddling with the Big Guy, and the continued slow wooing of the Cafferty!! I miss you 2008, but I am sure that 2009 will have many great moments for me as well! Not including this one.
Humiliation.

Happy New Year's Readers!

No comments: