Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas With the Catheys!!

Let me first apologize for my hiatus Reader Peeps, but as I mentioned before, the Big Guy is home with the Pants all day!!!  You know how happy all those millions of people were at the inauguration last week in DC...well multiply their happiness by like quadrillionteen times and that's how happy the Pants is every day!!  The Big Guy takes me for 3 walks a day, plays with me AND gives me the cuddles. I mean...holy crap! AND, Jessica is at work every day.  She's not even here!!!!

To quote one of my favorite movies:
"Is this heaven?"
"No, this is Austin."

PLUS, check out his new cool Big Guy beard!
He's a lumberjack and he's okay!

But enough about heaven on earth, back to Christmas 2008!!  We hopped in the Prius and rolled to Spring, TX for Christmas this year, home of Grandma Marilyn, Grandpa John and Bro Person!  Grandpa John quickly put me to work carving the turkey.
CUT THAT MEAT!!

Grandma Marilyn totally cooked up the spread to end all spreads! There was turkey, ham, vegetables, dressing, fruit salads and much, much more!  Check out the yumminess below!! However, did I get a seat at the table?? Ummm...nope!  So much for WWJD.  Apparently Jesus would make you sit under the table.  Awesome.
Hey Jesus, how about a ladder?

Of course, that didn't stop me from getting some scraps from everyone.  Who can possibly resist this face??
Come on guys!  JC would have wanted me to have some turkey!

After the feast, everyone went to church and the Pants took a serious nap. (Nothing puts me to sleep like Trypophan!  Except for the new season of Grey's Anatomy.)  Once they came back, we piled into the car and went to Carra's house!  Carra used to be both the Big Guy's and Bro Person's high school counselor and has been a friend of the fam ever since.  Also, I had met her before and she is a delight! (use your best James Lipton impression there) Four paws way up! This is her with her friend's dog at her house.
Hey Carra! I can't see you over that chia pet's head! LOL!

It was a serious party!!  Here is me, the dog who yaps way too much (I forget her name. I'll call her "Hannity") and Wally.  Wally is awesome!!! He's like 112 years old in dog years and has climbed mountains and run half-marathons! For serious!!  But since he's so old, he can't hear or see very good and actually gets stuck in corners sometimes because he can't move backwards anymore.  He's like an Aggie!! Ha! (Hey Reader Peeps, how do you confuse an Aggie? Put him in a round room and tell him to pee in a corner! LOL! Go UTEP!)

Out of the way Hannity, I want to party with my boy Wally!

Hey! Hands off Hannity! He's MY Big Guy!

The next day it was Christmas!!! Check out the awesome tree that Grandma Marilyn put up! Look at all the presents!!  They were all for the Pants too!! (editor's note: no they weren't)
 Full of nothing but dental grade cocaine.

I got up on the couch with Jessica to await all the presents that the Big Guy was bringing in!
Don't touch me.

I then snagged the camera and took pictures....check out the sweet camera work.
Bro Person. Sitting on his throne of lies.

Oh you two! Comedy gold yet again!!  How do you do it??

Grandma Marilyn paused from writing down the presents to give the Pants some cuddles.
Discussing Southern Living with my Grandma!

All in all, it was an awesome Christmas! Thank you Cathey family for a great time and all the cuddles and belly rubs!!  See you soon!!

2 comments:

SLynnRo said...

Um, but where is the "shocking revelation," Clancy??

Clancy said...

That you won't link to my blog on your blog!