Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dog Park Sunday!

Oh reader peeps!  There are few things that the Pants loves more than going to the dog park (Let's see, Cafferty, the Big Guy, greenies....that's about it) and this past Sunday Jessica and the Big Guy took me there!! It was totally awesome!! Check out the sweet view of downtown Austin from the park:

It's my town bitches!!

After the Big Guy scored a rock star parking spot (a real rock star, not some poser like Dave Groehl.  Seriously Dave, you were in freaking Nirvana!!  The Foo Fighters suck!!) we headed to the orgy of fun that is the dog park!

Wow, check out chunksters on the right!

I was not pleased that we couldn't smuggle in our flirtini glasses and booze because of the silly park "rules" that Jessica insisted on following.  One more reason why she is NOT COOL! (that and her forehead is gross!)

No glass or alcohol? WTF dog park Nazis!

After accepting the alleged "rules" of the park, the Pants started to get a sweet workout in. Jessica caught me doing a very advanced Jillian Michaels' front hop in the picture below! Be warned, do NOT try this at home! I've been doing Jillian's 30 day shred., so I was ready for it.  Jillian's shred is some serious butt kicking...but check out how tight my core is!

Hey Big Guy, you TIVOed Biggest Loser right?

Once my workout was over, and my buns of steel were totally tight, I found some new dog peeps to chill with. This is me with my new pals - the big one is Walter, named after Walter Matthau!  His jokes were legendary and the Pants rolling in the field and begging for more!

Hey Walter! Tell me the joke about how stupid this little dog behind me is again!!

It was not all greenies and sunshine this day though peeps, because right in the middle of the dog park - I totally met a REAL LIFE BEAR! For serious!!!  It's human owner said it was a "Mastiff" but the Pants knows code lingo when the Pants hears it. For your safety readers pay attention: "Mastiff" is Austin code for "Grizzly Bear." I've always wondered how I would react in the face of a real-life bear attack!!  Would I: (a) be like Stephen Colbert and slay him like a fearless warrior from times long ago; (b) be like Baxter in Anchorman and become friends; or (c) be like Jessica, cower in fear, and quickly be devoured? Turns out not only did we become fast friends, but check out Mastiff totally cowering in the Pants presence!!

No need to bow Mastiff Bear!!  But I still am reporting you to Colbert's "Threatdown".

After my bear encounter, I needed to cool down a bit, so I strolled down to the banks of beautiful Town Lake (Sorry, but I'm not calling it Lady Bird Lake because it sounds totally stupid.  Sorry Lady Bird!  I still like your Wildflower Center!)

Oh the wet wonder that is you Town Lake!!

After carefully evaluating all the places to jump in, I totally went for a quick dip!

Michael Phelps has nothing on me yo!

Then it was onto the best time of the day!!

To quote Britney: "Ecstasy, Ecstasy, Ecstasy!!"

Of course, how quickly things can change from good to bad.

 Someone please help!!!  Not my owner! Help!

Then it was chillin' time!

Until we meet again dog park! Until we meet again.

No comments: