Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Parties Rock!!!

Holy moly reader peeps!! What a day!! Jessica and the Big Guy hosted an election party on Tuesday and all my favorite human people were there!
Jack? check!
Little Samuel? check!
MM? check!
Sunny? check!
Her main man Rob? check!
Amy, Jack's human squeeze? check!
Cafferty! CHECK!! It was unreal!!

Jessica made a lasagna from scratch and everyone loved it! Apparently "from scratch" means "by spending 6 hours ignoring the Pants." The Pants does NOT like this "scratch" very much. At all!

But nevermind, let me tell you about the party of all parties!! For starters, I was SUPER nervous about the election. I thought if McCain won that he would enslave all of the dogs and make us work as slaves like in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome."  Or at the very least might make me have to tutor Sarah Palin in "basic commen sense."  So I decided to just lay on the bed and show my support for Obama:
I wonder if this bumper sticker will come off?

I then decided to wait at the window as always, waiting for my peeps to show up:
"Let's go peeps!!! The Pants is ready to party!"

The first to arrive were that crazy ginger haired guy Jack and Samuel who (along with Luke) is one of my two favorite little humans!! Samuel got right to rubbing my belly, which I TOTALLY appreciated, though he didn't dump any dirt on me which was kind of a bummer. I LOVE dirt, especially when Sammy does it!
Tiny hands of magic

Rob and Sunny came over, but sadly did not bring their boat. Maybe next time! They were still hilarious though!! They brought all kinds of patriotic stuff over to bring home the victory! Look at these two uber-patriots!! LOL!
The Pants dares anyone to rock harder than these two!

Unfortunately Jack tried to wear the same stuff...but he just ended up looking like a dork. FRUITY GINGER ALERT! LOL!! (I still love you Jack!)
"Hi, my name is Jack Skaggs, and I'm a dork!"

Then the results started to come in! New Hampshire came through for Obama, but then Kentucky disappointed by going with McCain. The bluegrass state? More like the suckgrass state!! Luckily I had MM and Amy to chill with and keep me calm. How hot are these two chicas in this picture?? For serious!!
Va-va-VOOM!!

Everyone chowed on Jessica's lasagna, salad, breads and yummy desserts. Also, many bottles of wine and champagne got opened...and the Big Guy let me lick a little wine off his fingers. That really took the edge off! Thanks Big Guy! I thanked him by taking this picture of him with Amy and Cafferty!!
Who ordered the Big Guy sandwich?

Then, the MOST UNEXPECTED AND UNPRECEDENTED THING EVER HAPPENED!!! Seriously Reader Peeps! It was the greatest moment of the Pants' life!! I kid you not!! The Cafferty totally gave me a huge hug!!! I swear to you I could feel rainbows and sunshine all through my body. It was like the Care Bears, but not lame and gay!
GREATEST. MOMENT. EVER.

Really, really gay.

(Sorry Bro Person, I know that you love them!)

Then, the election results started to tighten up! So I did what any Obama dog would do...I put on the "Bark for Barack" shirt that Sunny brought me:
YES WE CAN!!!

Some states wise up and went blue, but others went Red. Even though Travis County voted 2 to 1 for Obama, McCain took Texas going away. Oh silly Texas. But Ohio came through big time!! Thanks Ohio! I'm sorry I make fun of the word "buckeye" and also that last week I said that if it wasn't for the Ohio River you would just be part of Kentucky. (though that was totally funny! SNAP!) Just when we needed a push for victory, Jess and MM totally took the party to the next level! Even Jessica was hysterical that night!
Helping bring the blue states home!

Then, just when California's polls closed...CNN made the projection! My main man was PRESIDENT! It's an OBAMA-NATION!!!
YES WE DID!!

The Pants was sooooo excited!!! Everyone but Jessica and the Big Guy eventually went home and the three of us watched the candidates' speeches. The Pants teared up a bit and thought how far African-American people have come in the last half-century...what a night!! However, when will a dog run for Congress?? It's time canines! YES WE CAN!!!

Now, there are people out there who have been loading up on guns and that there isn't going to be an America in 4 years. Ummm, get a grip. Seriously. Nobody likes a poopface!! Besides, everyone still has the Pants' belly to rub for the next 4 years, so buck up right wingers!!

What a night! I'm going to go jump on the Big Guy and make him take me out. I have to go drop a serious Palin!! Later!!

No comments: