Saturday, March 14, 2009

Downtown Clancy Brown!!

Reader peeps!! I have so much to blog to you about! In the immortal words of Pink, let's get this party started!!

So a few weeks ago, I was lying around taking a nap, when the Big Guy told me we were going out for the day! Such excitement!!!  We hopped into his sweet Prius (FYI - it's name is "John Black" after the best daytime TV character EVER!! Oh Big Guy, you are the tops!!) and took off for a ride. I wasn't sure where we were going, so I totally was grilling him big-time:
"If you are taking me to the dog bath place I'm going to kill you."

But being awesome and totally Big Guy-ish, he let me know that it was the Pants' "Sex and the City" day!  At first I got worried, thinking that I was going to have to see a neighbor guy's penis like I did in the movie. SUPER GROSS! But luckily the Big Guy just meant that we were going to go to lunch downtown and I was going to get to bump paws with all the movers and shakers on the streets of Austin!! 
"Hey Leslie! Move and shake it man!"

We picked up Jessica from work and they ran inside JW to get something "notre-ized". It must have had something to do with Notre Damn and the lads. (Go Irish!) Once they were done, they came and got me from the car and took me up to the street.  However, instead of being normal and taking the stairs, they forced me into a moving room of death!! I hate them!!!  The only way I've been able to survive them is to go into crouch mode to counteract the terrifying death movement.
Notice the lifesaving crouching. You have to really bend the knees!

Soon we were on Congress Ave. and taking in the sunshine and smells of downtown Austin.  My town rocks!
Best. Duo. Ever.

While on the streets we ran into one of the Big Guy's old business colleagues.  He rubbed my belly, but before we could get a picture of him and the Pants, he backed out saying he didn't want to be on the blog.   Who doesn't want to be on the blog?? It's an honor!!!
"When the Pants says pose, you pose bizzatch!"

And who was this man who was too scared to take on the Pants? That's right, the legendary Captain Poopface!! 
"I'm scared of the Pants! And cameras!"

Not letting the picture debacle get the three of us down, we took off north on Congress, walking next to where they are building the Austonian condos and through this super long creepy hallway!
"Let's pick it up guys!  Seriously, what if a tape devil or dustbuster comes after me right now! The Pants would be dead!!! Hurry!!"

Soon we were back on the streets and I was totally chatting up other 2009 Austin businesswomen on their lunch break.
"Excuse me miss, but you're wearing jeans to work downtown? 
That's so 1997. Make it work!"

Here is the Big Guy ignoring my obvious desire to go to the Littlefield Mall and pick up a new cowboy hat:
"PAY ATTENTION!"

Then it was onto my new favorite downtown restaurant - the Pita Pit!!  After posing for this picture with me, the Big Guy went in to get the food while Jessica and I chillaxed at a table outside and greeted everyone going in and out.
God I love Falafel Fridays! 

Once we dropped Jessica back off at work, I dug into my lunch.
"Big Guy, I said wheat bread, not white bread!!  You're better than that!"

Then the Big Guy and ran some errands and it was on to my favorite restaurant in ALL of Austin!! Freddie's Place!!!  We met up with my favorite fellow redhead Sunny (sorry Jack, if you were there that day YOU would have been my favorite ginger.  The Pants is fickle.) to have some drinks and hang out!
"One High Life please!"

"Did someone order a Pants?"

"Yes, I'm very cute Sunny, thank you.  Now where's my High Life??"

After 3 of the most fun hours of my life with Sunny and the Big Guy, Jessica showed up:
Help.

Just kidding! Jessica was totally fun that day. And what a day it was! Thanks Jessica, Big Guy and Sunny for making my Sex and the City day perfect!!  I got to hang with the businessfolk, eat some food, gossip over drinks and then go home and take a nap - all on a 60 degree perfect day!  Big Guy, I know you keep talking about "needing money", but please, I implore you - NEVER GET A JOB!!  Unemployed Big Guy = heaven for the Pants.
The Pants and Austin: a winning combination since 2003.

No comments: