Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Movie Review - Iron Man

Hello again! I have something new for you, my reader peeps. The Pants is going to review movies I have seen, either by sneaking into the theater (i am way sneaky just so you know), or usually, by watching at home on the couch because Jessica just likes to sit on her butt and watch movies and I have no choice but to watch them too. (Unless they are really bad - like Armageddon - good lord! I had to go under the bed for that one - and not because I was scared, but because I was afraid that the amount of cheese oozing from the t.v. would cause me to puke up my Greenies - NOT COOL! BAD AFFLECK!)

Anyway, this weekend I was able to sneak into the movie Iron Man!! And, holy crap!! I must give this movie my highest rating - FOUR PAWS!!!! First, I, being somewhat of a cinephile, have always loved the Robert Downey Jr. He is ok by me. He was perfect to play the Iron Man, and his human alta mater, Tony Stark. He brought the perfect amount of coolness, egomania, brains, conscience, smart assness, and most importantly FUN to the character! Seriously, it looks like it would be nothing but good times to be this Tony Stark. He is rich, he and he has cool cars!! (I love cars - I run directly towards any car that I see!) And he has this technology that blows the Pants's mind!!! It's crazy!!!

And, even though I was scared by the loud noises made by the Iron Man, and the bigger Iron Man made by Jeff Bridges, (I call him Fat Iron Man. Sometimes, I'm not very witty) it was totally worth watching them fight it out. I even liked the Pepper Potts!! Though what a stupid name, Pepper Potts, seriously, I know this is a comic book film, but get real! It reminds of me of Monica Lewinsky, or "The Portly Pepperpot" as she was called by some paper that I was not alive to read at the time, but was told about by a good friend I met on the streets! Speaking of the streets, if I had an Iron Man costume, no one would have messed with me! That would be awesome - I must obtain an Iron Man costume. I think the Big Guy would be on board with this. But Jessica would probably say it costs too much money because she has to pay for her stupid wedding that I am not even invited to.

Anyway, sorry, I sometimes follow my thoughts to wherever they may take me, and they usually take me to my frustration with Jessica. But back to the movie - Go see the Iron Man!!! It even has kick ass music!! The Pants LOVES metal!!!!! If you like fun and Downey Juniors, GO SEE IT!! If you like being boring and not having fun, then do whatever you want. Dork.

Bottom Line - FOUR PAWS! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! And that was hard to do - quite a balancing act - I'll blog more about that later!

Ok, I'm off to take a nap. Blogging makes me tired!!! PANTS OUT!

No comments: